Snow globes are like tiny winter wonderlands in a jar. They are traditional Christmas decorations that work well with all types of themes. Whether you prefer classic designs or more modern décor, a lovely snow globe is the perfect addition to your holiday decorations.
This article provides the steps to make your own snow globes. And believe it or not, homemade snow globes can be mesmerizing – after all, you get a chance to create a scene straight from your imagination! It’s fun and it’s easy!
What You Need:
- A Jar (almost any will do – consider pickle jars, baby food jars, olive jars, and others – but try to find jars that have lids in holiday colors)
- Figures (plastic or ceramic)
- Distilled Water
- Small White Beads (or large iridescent glitter flakes)
- Craft Glue (or use a glue gun)
- Glycerin (keeps snow from falling too quickly)
Prepare The Lid:
Glue figure(s) to lid
Filling The Jar:
Fill your jar almost all the way to the top with distilled water
Add the snow (small white beads)
Add just a drop of glycerin
Carefully screw the lid back on the jar and turn over
Now sit back and enjoy your very own winter wonderland and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
Debbie Allen is a regular writer for Package From Santa. She likes sharing ideas about holiday season decorations and craft projects.